Before closing or canceling your Shopify account, make a note of points given below:
- If you are using third-party apps then cancel your services with those apps to avoid bills externally after shutting your Shopify account.
- If you are using the domain provided by Shopify and if you close your store account and then again in future if you wish to launch a new Shopify store then you won’t be able to make the new store with the similar domain as you had previously.
- If you are using your own custom domain for your store then make sure to remove it from store otherwise you won’t be able to use it for another website.
- If you want to temporarily close your account for some time then you can pause your account instead of closing it so that you can come up and activate it whenever you feel like.
Once your account is closed, it will be lost permanently.
Though Shopify saves your Store’s data for 30 days under which if you change your mind to restart your store then you can do so but after 30 days it can’t be altered.
Let’s see how to close the account:
- Login to your Shopify store (backend)
- Go to Settings >> Account >> Store Status >> Sell/Close Store
- Click on Close Store
- Enter your store’s password
- Provide a reason for shutting your Shopify account
- Hit the Close Store button
To confirm if your store is shut or not, search your store’s URL & it will not load your store.